Tasseomancy put together a mix for FWBA and that’s exciting for a lot of reasons. Mainly, because they are the first ladies to contribute to the series, and because their mix is fantastic. I’ve been listening to it all morning. I really want to keep the series going this year, it gives me the opportunity to put all these National Geographic scans to good use!
The ladies included tracks from Carly Simon and Kate Bush among others – it seemed to reflect their aesthetic perfectly: otherworldy, synth pop beats, and earthy folk harmonies. If you haven’t yet – pick up their album Ulalume on vinyl and purchase a candle set while you’re at it. Grab the mix at the link below.
01. Mrs. Jumbo – Baby of Mine
02. Lesley Duncan – Love Song
03. Moondog – Bird’s Lament
04. Robbie Basho – Blue Crystal Fire 05. Forest – Graveyard
06. Kate Bush – Suspended in Gaffa
07. Klaus Nomi – Lightning Strikes
08. Carly Simon – Why
09. Antena – Achilles
10. Selda Bagcan – Yaz Gazeteci Yaz
11. Enya – Storms in Africa
12. Philip Glass & Uakti – Metamorphosis
13. Popol Vuh – Kyrie